- EHD Highly Commended Award
- Hospital Matters & Hospital Times feature Willis Newson projects
- Photography commissions for 3Ts hospital redevelopment will capture spirit of place
- Ten Commandments of Self Care for Christmas and Beyond
- Hospital Arts Managers’ Forum
- Willis Newson picks up two honours at the Building Better Healthcare Awards
- The Cove Macmillan Support Centre wins RICS commendation
- Timelapse from Truro
- Guardian Public Art Top 10
- CONNECT Website Live
- Willis Newson in the press
- Engineering art
- Recycled garden - Dolphin School Public Art Project
- CONNECT Public Art Programme Launch
- Nottingham Family NHS project announced
- Healthcare Estates 2016
- The Question of Quality
- Creative and Credible in Arts & Health Journal
- Thames Lodge highly commended by European Healthcare Design Awards 2016
- Macmillan Brighton artwork installed
- Installation in Ipswich
- Laura Ford sculpture installed at Southmead Hospital Bristol
- European Healthcare Design 2016
- Healthcare Design & Management Magazine
- Bristol Royal Infirmary facade almost complete
- News Archive
- Art for new hospital buildings in Brighton
- Alive! Evaluation Film
- Arts in Health Conference & Showcase - Feb 2016
- Finalists for Surface Design Awards 2016
- BBH Awards 2015
- Spaces for Dementia Project
- Festival surprises boost people's day
- Innovative sculpture solves practical issues for Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Green Sky Thinking
- Community engagement shapes hospital project
- Southmead Hospital's public art film
- Fresh Arts Festival 2015
- Design in Mental Health conference
- A Better Place To Be
- Elgar House to get new artworks
- Artists appointed to Bristol hospitals project
- Work begins on art for Tameside Macmillan Unit
- What does creativity mean to you? Artists respond
- Creative & Credible
- Harnessing creativity
- Creative and credible evaluation training
- Fresh Arts Festival
- What makes you feel well?
- Backing the stars of tomorrow
- Woolverstone Macmillan Centre Ipswich
- Call for designer to create visual identity for new shared workspace in Stokes Croft
- dOCUMENTA (13): Thoughts
- Vinyl treatments create 'meadow forest' feel
- Veil: A new face for the Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Building a framework for curiosity
- A personal experience of art in hospitals
- Creative Networking
- What did the students say?
- Commission for Dolphin School
- Anatomy for life
- 2014 Arts and Health Training Courses
- Focus on creativity
- Light Box: Evaluation 'changed people's perceptions'
- Take a risk. Dance. Sing
- The Napkin Project: Inspiring creativity
- How we are using creativity and craft to tackle dementia... one stitch at a time
- Guy's Cancer Day Unit wins BBH Award
- Creativity: it really does work!
- Evaluating Arts on Prescription
- Football, a tented city and making builders happy
- BHOC shortlisted for BBH Awards
- New designs for an ambitious city
- Patients and staff create art for new cancer unit
- Artists appointed to Brighton 3Ts project
- Architect or artist?
- New arts in health short courses at UWE
- Introducing the Library of Ideas
- A change of scenery on every floor
- Conference buzz
- What now for art in the public realm?
- Helping to evaluate Happiness
- Art programme for Southmead Hospital takes shape
- New artwork inspired by children
- Art creates 'sanctuary' in new Women's Centre
- Healthy Communities, Sustainable Places
- Willis Newson seeks to appoint an Administrator
- Arts strategy to help transform Brighton hospital
- Three architects shortlisted in BRI facade design competition
- Design competition to transform BRI facade
- Training for performers at Guy's and St Thomas'
- Willis Newson collaborating on training sessions
- Willis Newson wins RSPH Arts and Health Award
- New public artwork for Bristol's Chesterfield Hospital
- Artists recruited for new Southmead Hospital
- Celebrating ten years of Willis Newson
- New Evaluation and Research Lead appointed
- Public art and health buildings guidance and advice
- Mapping arts and health in Bristol
- Willis Newson and UWE create new role
- Community is the focus in Clevedon
- Enhancing the mental healthcare environment
- REACH final learning event
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital's 'Utopia'
- Integrate early, delegates told
- Green light for Southmead Hospital
- Willis Newson wins Building Better Health Award
Design in Mental Health conference
We are pleased to announce that Jane Willis, Director of Willis Newson, has been selected to present at this year's Design in Mental Health conference on 17th & 18th May in Birmingham.
What is Design in Mental Health?
The organisers say:
"Whether you are looking at adding new buildings, considering refurbishing existing buildings or ongoing maintenance work Design in Mental Health 2016 is here to help you source information, solutions and ideas.
The Design in Mental Health Network’s Conference will feature over 40 speakers, with specialist content. Lively and authoritative, it’s THE professional gathering for everyone concerned with the built environment in mental health."
As well as the fantastic conference programme there is also a trade exhibition and a prestigious awards dinner which celebrates the best projects in Mental Health from across the UK.
Small Changes, Big Impact
When service users’ needs and aspirations are placed at the heart of the design process, the results are spaces that are unique and individual, welcoming and supportive and residents with a strong sense of pride and ownership.
Jane will take attendees through the process, outcomes and impact of engaging service users in the design of two mental health units; Thames Lodge Medium Secure Unit for West London Mental Health Trust and St Andrew’s Healthcare’s FitzRoy House, the largest residential mental health facility for adolescents within Europe.
“Service users shape art and interiors unique to people and place”
Director, Willis Newson