- 3 Photography Commission Opportunities & Lead Photographer Announced
- EHD Highly Commended Award
- Hospital Matters & Hospital Times feature Willis Newson projects
- The Cove Macmillan Support Centre wins RICS commendation
- Timelapse from Truro
- Guardian Public Art Top 10
- CONNECT Website Live
- Willis Newson in the press
- Engineering art
- Recycled garden - Dolphin School Public Art Project
- CONNECT Public Art Programme Launch
- Nottingham Family NHS project announced
- Healthcare Estates 2016
- The Question of Quality
- Creative and Credible in Arts & Health Journal
- Thames Lodge highly commended by European Healthcare Design Awards 2016
- Macmillan Brighton artwork installed
- Installation in Ipswich
- Laura Ford sculpture installed at Southmead Hospital Bristol
- European Healthcare Design 2016
- Healthcare Design & Management Magazine
- Bristol Royal Infirmary facade almost complete
- News Archive
- Art for new hospital buildings in Brighton
- Alive! Evaluation Film
- Arts in Health Conference & Showcase - Feb 2016
- Finalists for Surface Design Awards 2016
- BBH Awards 2015
- Spaces for Dementia Project
- Festival surprises boost people's day
- Innovative sculpture solves practical issues for Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Green Sky Thinking
- Community engagement shapes hospital project
- Southmead Hospital's public art film
- Fresh Arts Festival 2015
- Design in Mental Health conference
- A Better Place To Be
- Elgar House to get new artworks
- Artists appointed to Bristol hospitals project
- Work begins on art for Tameside Macmillan Unit
- What does creativity mean to you? Artists respond
- Creative & Credible
- Harnessing creativity
- Creative and credible evaluation training
- Fresh Arts Festival
- What makes you feel well?
- Backing the stars of tomorrow
- Woolverstone Macmillan Centre Ipswich
- Call for designer to create visual identity for new shared workspace in Stokes Croft
- dOCUMENTA (13): Thoughts
- Vinyl treatments create 'meadow forest' feel
- Veil: A new face for the Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Building a framework for curiosity
- A personal experience of art in hospitals
- Creative Networking
- What did the students say?
- Commission for Dolphin School
- Anatomy for life
- 2014 Arts and Health Training Courses
- Focus on creativity
- Light Box: Evaluation 'changed people's perceptions'
- Take a risk. Dance. Sing
- The Napkin Project: Inspiring creativity
- How we are using creativity and craft to tackle dementia... one stitch at a time
- Guy's Cancer Day Unit wins BBH Award
- Creativity: it really does work!
- Evaluating Arts on Prescription
- Football, a tented city and making builders happy
- BHOC shortlisted for BBH Awards
- New designs for an ambitious city
- Patients and staff create art for new cancer unit
- Artists appointed to Brighton 3Ts project
- Architect or artist?
- New arts in health short courses at UWE
- Introducing the Library of Ideas
- A change of scenery on every floor
- Conference buzz
- What now for art in the public realm?
- Helping to evaluate Happiness
- Art programme for Southmead Hospital takes shape
- New artwork inspired by children
- Art creates 'sanctuary' in new Women's Centre
- Healthy Communities, Sustainable Places
- Willis Newson seeks to appoint an Administrator
- Arts strategy to help transform Brighton hospital
- Three architects shortlisted in BRI facade design competition
- Design competition to transform BRI facade
- Training for performers at Guy's and St Thomas'
- Willis Newson collaborating on training sessions
- Willis Newson wins RSPH Arts and Health Award
- New public artwork for Bristol's Chesterfield Hospital
- Artists recruited for new Southmead Hospital
- Celebrating ten years of Willis Newson
- New Evaluation and Research Lead appointed
- Public art and health buildings guidance and advice
- Mapping arts and health in Bristol
- Willis Newson and UWE create new role
- Community is the focus in Clevedon
- Enhancing the mental healthcare environment
- REACH final learning event
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital's 'Utopia'
- Integrate early, delegates told
- Green light for Southmead Hospital
- Willis Newson wins Building Better Health Award
Call for designer to create visual identity for new shared workspace in Stokes Croft
A new space, just off Stokes Croft, will soon be providing office and workspace for creative and ethical companies. It will be up and running by June, when we will be offering perfectly placed, spacious, practical and affordable space for like-minded people. Currently the building is lacking tenants. As part of a classic, mid 80’s, brick, 4 storey building, 3 York Court is also sadly lacking in character and identity. So in the spirit of collaboration and supporting local business we are asking….. can you help us develop our visual identity and give us a presence on the web?
What we need
We want a very light touch approach to developing a brand image which will help us to market the spaces. Most of our marketing will be via social media and so we need to quickly get a name for ourselves with a very simple identity for the space that suggests our values and purpose and which is attractive to our target market who are small creative and ethical companies with between 2-15? employees.
- a name, a logo and a typeface
- a simple wordpress web site
- designs for signs for inside and outside of the building
We have ideas about a name for the new building that suggests its practical form and function. ‘Utility House’ is the most popular idea at the moment but a final decision hasn’t been made.
A logo or a typographical identity would help us suggest the kind of space we want to create and attract the right kind of tenant.
The wordpress site should be very simple, providing basic information about what we offer in order to help to market the new spaces. A wordpress page is what we envisage. We would be able to provide/upload the text so we would be asking for you to develop a style from an existing wordpress theme of your choice. We would also like people to recognise our building with signage outside and a continuation of the graphic style within the internal signs and wayfinding.
What we can offer
A fee of £500 and an exciting opportunity for a graphic designer with an interest in brand development for creative and ethical businesses. We think 2/3 days of your time could make all the difference to us. We would like you to present us with 2 or 3 sketch design options for a visual identity, including the elements described above, one of which you will then work up in detail. We would also like you to apply the design to a pre-existing wordpress theme of your choice, and leave us with the appropriate digital files for signs and logos. We will be able to do the rest.
We are aiming to have the web site go live on 14th of April and so we would need to brief you asap and have sketch designs presented by end of March and full designs signed off by 7th of April.
If you are interested please send us a copy of your cv, a statement as to why you would like to work with us (no more than 500 words) and examples of previous relevant work to Christina@willisnewson.co.uk Deadline for receipt is 16th March 2015