- Willis Newson in the press
- Timelapse from Truro
- CONNECT Website Live
- Recycled garden - Dolphin School Public Art Project
- Engineering art
- CONNECT Public Art Programme Launch
- Nottingham Family NHS project announced
- Healthcare Estates 2016
- The Question of Quality
- Creative and Credible in Arts & Health Journal
- Laura Ford sculpture installed at Southmead Hospital Bristol
- Installation in Ipswich
- Macmillan Brighton artwork installed
- Thames Lodge highly commended by European Healthcare Design Awards 2016
- European Healthcare Design 2016
- Healthcare Design & Management Magazine
- Bristol Royal Infirmary facade almost complete
- News Archive
Bristol Royal Infirmary facade almost complete
Bristol Royal Infirmary was once voted one of the ugliest buildings in Bristol.
As part of a £92 million pound programme to redevelop the hospital - including a new Welcome Centre, wardblock and helideck - a new facade is being installed along to transform the weathered building into a real landmark.
The project has taken almost four years since we first launched the design competition, together with University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust (UH Bristol) to select an artist or architect for the project.
Andy Headdon, strategic development programme director for UH Bristol said:
"We are pleased to announce that the BRI façade continues to make progress and it is anticipated work will complete in June.
The façade is a part of a wider programme of redevelopment across the BRI.
The concept began in 2012 when UH Bristol and arts consultancy Willis Newson launched an international design competition calling on international artists and architects to submit designs to improve the appearance of the façade of the BRI's Queen's Building.
In 2013 the final design, by Nieto Sobejano, was selected and we are now excited to unveil the finished scheme."
Jane Willis, Director of Willis Newson added:
"We are delighted to see the results of the design competition taking shape, creating the right first impression of the excellent care delivered by the team at the Bristol Royal Infirmary."