- The Cove Macmillan Support Centre wins RICS commendation
- Timelapse from Truro
- Guardian Public Art Top 10
- CONNECT Website Live
- Willis Newson in the press
- Engineering art
- Recycled garden - Dolphin School Public Art Project
- CONNECT Public Art Programme Launch
- Nottingham Family NHS project announced
- Healthcare Estates 2016
- The Question of Quality
- Creative and Credible in Arts & Health Journal
- Thames Lodge highly commended by European Healthcare Design Awards 2016
- Macmillan Brighton artwork installed
- Installation in Ipswich
- Laura Ford sculpture installed at Southmead Hospital Bristol
- European Healthcare Design 2016
- Healthcare Design & Management Magazine
- Bristol Royal Infirmary facade almost complete
- News Archive
CONNECT Public Art Programme Launch
The 3Ts Hospital Redevelopment is about improving services at Royal Sussex County Hospital for patients; improving the hospital to improve care.
CONNECT is the public art programme for the Redevelopment. CONNECT is being delivered by arts consultants Willis Newson in partnership with Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and the Trust’s ongoing arts programme Onward Arts, architects BDP and construction partner Laing O’Rourke.
The CONNECT team is working closely with partners and stakeholders across the city and county including Brighton and Hove City Council, Brighton University, Photoworks and a range of local artists.
CONNECT will bring together artists, architects, designers and developers to ensure that the quality of the hospital environment reflects the hospital’s values of compassionate care for all.
We are delighted to announce a series of launch events for the CONNECT Public Art Programme.
We are holding two staff drop-in events on the 21st & 22nd September for the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust team to share their thoughts about artwork in the new buildings.
Launch Event - Reception
Alongside this on Monday 21st November at 6pm there will be a reception for invited guests from across the city.
The evening will commence with a drinks reception at 6pm, followed by speeches and networking.
This official launch marks the start of a high reaching, long-term arts programme which will take place over the course of the 3Ts Hospital Redevelopment and demonstrates a significant investment in art for the city.
Guests will be given an overview of the redevelopment and the planned public art programme, and designs for integrated works by artists Kate Blee, Marion Brandis and Sharon Ting will be unveiled.
Alongside this, plans for an exciting photography programme in partnership with the University of Brighton and Photoworks will be announced and there will be opportunities to meet and talk to the CONNECT team.
Please note, this event is by invitation only, if you would like to attend the event please RSVP via the Eventbrite