- EHD Highly Commended Award
- Hospital Matters & Hospital Times feature Willis Newson projects
- The Cove Macmillan Support Centre wins RICS commendation
- Timelapse from Truro
- Guardian Public Art Top 10
- CONNECT Website Live
- Willis Newson in the press
- Engineering art
- Recycled garden - Dolphin School Public Art Project
- CONNECT Public Art Programme Launch
- Nottingham Family NHS project announced
- Healthcare Estates 2016
- The Question of Quality
- Creative and Credible in Arts & Health Journal
- Thames Lodge highly commended by European Healthcare Design Awards 2016
- Macmillan Brighton artwork installed
- Installation in Ipswich
- Laura Ford sculpture installed at Southmead Hospital Bristol
- European Healthcare Design 2016
- Healthcare Design & Management Magazine
- Bristol Royal Infirmary facade almost complete
- News Archive
CONNECT Website Live
Kemptown Sphere by CONNECT artist Marion Brandis
CONNECT is the strategic public art programme for the redevelopment of the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, launched to staff and the public at the end of November 2016.
The Royal Sussex County Hospital is being rebuilt and redeveloped in order to offer patients from across Sussex the highest possible standards of care.
Art is being integrated into the environment to ensure that there is a warm welcome, a beautiful therapeutic environment and landmarks within the hospital to aid navigation and wayfinding.
CONNECT is being delivered by arts consultants Willis Newson in partnership with Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust and the Trust’s ongoing arts programme Onward Arts, architects BDP and construction partner Laing O’Rourke.
The CONNECT team is working closely with partners and stakeholders across the city and county including Brighton and Hove City Council, Brighton University, Photoworks and a range of local artists.
The programme was officially launched to BSUH staff at the Audrey Emerton building at Royal Sussex County Hospital on 21st Nov 2016 and to teams at the Princess Royal Hospital on 22nd Nov.
On the evening of the 21st the team held the official public launch event with partners and invited guests from across the arts, business and public sector communities from across the city.